As a volunteer with AWIFS, you will have access to a network of female forensic professionals in a range of disciplines and at various levels of their careers.
- For younger volunteers, the AWIFS offers the opportunity to connect with potential mentors and learn from the professional and personal experiences of others.
- For those well-established in their career, the AWIFS provides a forum by which issues specific to female forensic officer and scientists may be addressed, discussed, and brought to action.
- For those outside of forensic science such as our legal and police colleagues, the AWIFS is a community where you can engage with forensic experts in a neutral environment and develop mutually beneficial partnerships.
The AWIFS provides you with a voice and with a resource. We are expanding our network by connecting with state and local forensic organizations, post-graduate forensic science and STEM programs in the tri-state area.
Student Internship and Community Service
Connect and Coach!!
Students ages 14-18 interested in forensic science can volunteer with AWIFS to gain the resources they need from industry professionals to prepare for college. We will connect and coach them towards a college degree in forensic science. AWIFS will expose students to the following:
- dispelling the myths about forensic science
- college preparation for forensic science
- resources for college-bound programs
- community service
- drug and violence awareness
- STEM resources
College students who are studying forensic science and criminal justice are welcome to volunteer with us.